Budmail's products are intended for adult consumers over the age of 19. On your first purchase, during the checkout process you'll be required to upload a copy of 1
government issued ID to verify that you are 19+.
What types of ID does Budmail accept?
You can upload ANY government issued ID that contains your Name and Date of Birth.
When submitting documentation, you may cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your age (ex: photo, address).
We encrypt people's connections to Budmail by default, including IDs you send to us. We delete your ID information after verification is complete.
How do I upload my ID to Budmail?
- Take your ID and cover up any extra information (ex: photo, address, ID number).
Scan or take a close-up picture of your ID in a well-lit room. You can use your smart phone if you'd like.
- Make sure you can clearly see your name and date of birth.
- Save the photo or scanned file to your computer or smart phone.
- Use one of the methods described below (Where do I upload my ID?) to upload your document.
Where do I upload my ID?
You can upload your ID in any of the following ways:
- Upload your ID during checkout on your first order (recommended).
- Upload your ID by submitting a Helpdesk Ticket.
- Email your ID document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your ID document to 1-844-415-1761.
How does Budmail protect the privacy and security of my information when I submit an ID?
There are several ways that Budmail ensures the privacy and security of the documents that you send to us.
- We encourage you to send us documents through our checkout page because Budmail uses a secure connection (https) by default. This means when you send us documents through our website, the information is encrypted when we receive it.
- We encrypt this information on disk, and only team members who work on helping people with account issues can read the encrypted documents.
- A "VOID" watermark is automatically affixed to any uploaded document.
- Filenames are automatically obfuscated.
- We automatically delete IDs 7 days after they've been submitted.
- We encourage anyone who submits a document to cover up any personal information that we don't need to see (ex: address, photo, ID number).
Why does Budmail need to verify my age?
Because we are a Vancouver dispensary, we are required to verify that you are over the age of 19.